Thursday, May 26, 2005

Having a Daughter...Priceless

So my kid is smart. Not genius or anything, but really smart. I heard about this kid who was three and could count by threes (3, 6, 9, 12, ....) - now that's just crazy! No, my kid will be 3 on June 14th and can't count by threes, but she is pretty damn smart.

On the way home from the doctor today (she has an ear infection) we turned out of the parking lot and she says to me, "Daddy, what street is this?". I say, "It's March Road". "March?", she says, "Where does your birthday live"?

You see, my birthday is in March. Jodi's is in August and Avery's is in June. If you ask avery how old she is, she will hold up two fingers (pinky and index - sign of the devil style) and say, "I'm two! I'll be three in June (holds up 3 fingers - index, middle, ring). Daddy is in March and mommy is in August".

So, when I told her that we were on March Road, the first thing she thought was, "Hey, this is March road. Daddy's birthday is in March. Daddy's birthday must live here!". Genius? You tell me. I just thought it was pretty damn hilarious. It only took me 5 minutes to figure out what the hell she was talking about!

Skip ahead to a few minutes ago. Avery is in the tub and she leans over sideways and puts her hair in the water. She looks up at me and says, "My hair needs water so it will grow, just like the flowers. See? It's growing"!

At any rate, I'm completely impressed at this point. Of course she's our only child so I have absolutely no reference point, but I'm pretty certain she's already smarter than me.

You can see tons more of Avery HERE.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Its awesome when we can take the time to listen and enjoy our children as they are "Priceless"
Looks good on you B!

Candy said...

Your daughter is lovely, my niece is 4, just had her birthday party at my house, its such a wonderful fun age. It goes so fast.

Your very lucky.

Kristi said...

Very true Sass.
i keep a little book of things tahat charley does and says. Although sometimes its hard to remember I have it.......

Andrew Butters said...

Well I never have a notebook handy, but I write down a lot of stuff. Most of it ends up on Blogger! At the risk of turning this blog into a "brag about Avery" page (not that there's anything wrong with that) I might just make sure I post all those things here.