Saturday, May 28, 2005

Ch ch ch chan-ges

Well you may have noticed that there's no more list. I am sad to say that Pequito (my mute parrot) has run away with that slut budgie from across the street. Until such time as I can get into Pequito's file cabinet (those darn keys are so small - very hard to pick the lock) we'll have to find something else to do. Not sure how this will affect blog traffic, but I'm not sure I care either. I know I've got a few blogger friends out there that will come back regardless of their status on The List.

In keeping with my recent theme of showing off my daughter Avery here's a couple more treasures:

We went to see Madagascar yesterday afternoon since Avery and Jodi were well enough to leave the house for a couple hours. Avery really wanted a taco for dinner and the theatre happened to have a Taco Cat Bell so it seemed like a good thing to do. Without spoiling the movie let's just say that at one point the lion goes into a makeshift cave to sulk. Avery looked up and Jodi and I and said, "Lion is going for a time out". You see, the lion was misbehaving and couldn't control himself so he had to go sit by himself to calm down. Of course! Now if only we could get Avery to actually implement those rules for herself...

We have had Avery in swim lessons since she was 3 months old so she's no stranger the pool. She's also no stranger to nudity - she is my daughter after all. So one day we're in the changeroom at the pool and it's one of those family change rooms, so there's moms with sons and dads with daughters and a bunch of stalls to change in. So I'm getting changed and Avery points to my thing and says, "What's that?". I ignored her. So she says again with more force now, "What's THAT?". So I lean in close and whisper, "That's daddy's penis". What happened next? You guessed it. She yelled at the top of her lungs, "DADDY HAS A PENIS. I NO HAVE PEANUTS, I HAVE A BUHGINA. DADDY HAS A PENIS!". Well needless to say all the moms in the other stalls were laughing their asses off. Thank God Avery hasn't yet learned about "shrinkage".

7 comments:

Candy said...

That is hysterical. My young niece is obsessed with boobs. She is always telling everyone about boobs, her mom has boobs, barbie has boobs, and so on.

I love the stuff kids will just shout out, its embaressing for us now just a bit, but later you have the best stories to tell and turn the tables on them hah.

Kristi said...

hahaha
We must be on the same wavelenght about our daughters right now!

I just did a post on Charley cause she has changed me so much and just amazes me all the time.
Neat!
Sorry about Pequito. I'm srue he'll be happy with all bird sex and all.

Tickles_Tapeworm said...

heh, you got busted, didn't you? :P

joanne said...

VERY funny!

Btw, I don't think anyone really cares about the list. We'd rather read your interesting entries about what's going on in your life.

shari said...

That is too adorable.
When my oldest daughter was learning to talk, my son was still working on his potting training (they are only a year apart in age). One day we went over to Kristi's for a visit and Lexi walked in and announced in her adorable raspy voice, "Josh has a menis. I have a bulba." The look on Kristi's face was priceless. I wish I had a camera ready at the time!

NYPinTA said...

LOL!

Helen said...

I love this site way more (like times 100) than the "list"! It's nice to get to see the real side of you... Avery is adorable. You're a good dad.