Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Questions Abound

Does anyone else have this deep rooted fear of their cell phone falling into the toilet when they go to the bathroom?

When you dial a number and you get that message saying, "This is a long distance call. Please dial "1" before the number and try your call again. This is a recording", if it knows that you needed to dial "1", why doesn't it just add the "1" and connect you?

How come no matter what I put in the microwave at work when I press "Auto Reheat" it sets itself to three minutes?

Why do my computer clock and phone clock read different times? Furthermore, my VCR is set off of my television, so why are those times different too?

Why do cops ask if I know how fast I was going? If they're pulling me over, it's a pretty good guess that it was not under the speed limit.

Why do some people insist on talking to me when I go to great lenghts to let them know I'd rather be doing anything else?

Why do they do construction during rush hour?

Are seagulls *really* on the endangered species list?

How do you explain that little water tornado that forms when the water drains out of the tub to a 3 year old? "It's a vortex sweetie. Like a tornado but in water. What's a tornado? What's a vortex? Well when the water goes down the drain the molecules... What's a molecule? Oh look, the water's gone, let's get you dried off..."

2 comments:

shari said...

Do worms yawn? Or even sleep for that matter?

Why is it that the grass in my evil pitty, hole filled backyard grows faster than the grass on the relatively level frontyard?

NYPinTA said...

Life is a bundle of mysteries is all I can say.

What I want to know is why does it only seem to rain on weekends?