Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I'm Never Going to Amount to Anything...

OK, so I've got this writing gig on the side. My job is pretty laid back and on my lunch hour I can surf the 'net and work on my other stuff. There's this new home TV video game outfit in Toronto and they are putting together a couple of trivia based games. Sorta like NTN but for your house so you can play with friends after dinner and such.

At any rate, I'm now a "content provider" for one of those games. That just means I get to write the questions. So, at lunch time I surf the web and find my information for the questions and then when I get home (after dinner and tubby time and story time and nighty night time with Avery) I put the question together.

Why do you care? You don't, but read on anyway.

My "writing boss" gives me a list of answers that he needs questions for. The game is supposed to be interesting at the very least and really fun or funny too. Here are some of the answers he needs questions for:
  • David Koresh
  • NAFTA
  • Rockefeller Center
  • British House of Commons
  • Columbine High School Massacre
  • Czar Nicholas II

I could go on, but I'm already bored. I'm either getting these because I'm good, or because he really doesn't like me. I mean, Columbine? How the hell do you work with that? I was in tears just doing the research! At any rate, I do my best and he's good about sending back questions that suck. What's really shitty is that he sent me back the one I did on Disney World. I should have been able to really rock that one, but I failed. Here comes all the self-doubt about my writing skills now.... sigh.

Ugh, foul mood approaching. Here's a list update brought to you by my mute parrot Pequito:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"I'm not meant to be caged, LET ME OUT!"

  1. AMG. Hang in there, Jessica is moving up...
  2. Jessica Rabbit. A monumental rise to the top.
  3. Jennifer W.K. Still in the top 3. I'm #2 on her list though :-)
  4. Heather. Sorry, blame Jo-Anne for this one.
  5. Meggan. Was kind enough to respond to my tag.
  6. Kristi. She got a new job, but will it be enough to keep her on The List?
  7. Carrie. The eye is back. Did it affect her ranking? We'll never know.
  8. Webmiztris. Up one basically just due to someone else being added. Be patient.
  9. NYPinTA. Welcome, whoever you are. You don't even have a real picture of yourself anywhere so you're *extra* special.

The cut list(I'd have the list go to 100 if I could, but I can't):

10 comments:

shari said...

^^uh... interesting...

Anyways.... NO SELF DOUBT.... stop that. You have this job, because you can write. Every writer has an editor. Besides, you seem to be very intelligent and you have a rockin' sense of humor!! So fear not, my blogging friend.

I love those trivia games. Totally fun. My all time favorite though, was You Don't Know Jack. Havent played it in years. But I loved the insults when you got the answer wrong. Which of course, I never did... but my opponents did... ya... that's it...

Andrew Butters said...

I hate Blog spam... unless it's mine. :-)

NYPinTA said...

Woo hoo. I made the list! You know I was gonna send naughty pictures but since I made this list with out them, nevermind. :P

Andrew Butters said...

DAMNIT! Premature Listulation strikes again...

Heather said...

How is it Jo-Anne's fault? I'm not going to blame her...It was your decision.

And if this has to do with me not playing your little tag game yet...Well, it shouldn't even count because someone else got me before you did, and besides that I've been really really really super-busy, and I haven't slept in several days...

I'm pouting now.

Heather said...

P.S. I may be naive, but at least I know I am.

P.P.S. I'm 50% Republican. But I think that's because they didn't ask the right questions.

Andrew Butters said...

It's not Jo-Anne's fault I just get pissy with Republicans sometimes. You can be whatever you want. I don't mean to lash out.

I like you naieve... it's cute :-)

You'll be back on top soon enough I'm sure!

joanne said...

OMG, Jesus fish on toast!! I laughed so hard I almost peed. Very, very funny! LOL!

Andrew Butters said...

Someone better bid on my toast... baby needs a new pair of shoes. If she's anything like her mother she still needs 147 more pairs and that money has to come from somewhere!

shari said...

mmmm... shoes....